Re: [exim] changing log output?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Marten Lehmann
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] changing log output?
On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Marten Lehmann wrote:

> Btw., the mainlog is still hard to read as it is being cluttered up be
> the reject log entries. I remember, that long time ago it was announced
> that this will be changed in a future release. Is it that hard the keep
> the reject-log entries out of the mainlog?

Not very long ago. The following entry is in the NewStuff file for the
next release:

2. There is a new ACL modifier called log_reject_target. It makes it possible
to specify which logs are used for messages about ACL rejections. Its
argument is a list of words which can be "main", "reject", or "panic". The
default is "main:reject". The list may be empty, in which case a rejection
is not logged at all. For example, this ACL fragment writes no logging
information when access is denied:

     deny <some conditions>
          log_reject_target =

The modifier can be used in SMTP and non-SMTP ACLs. It applies to both
permanent and temporary rejections.

You can have this functionality now (and help the general testing
process) by running the latest snapshot:

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/Testing/exim-snapshot.tar.bz2