Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusiv…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Renaud Allard
Para: David Saez Padros
CC: exim users
Assunto: Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusive

David Saez Padros wrote:

> all of this drives to no place ... wouldn't it be more practical to
> recommend good callout practices ? in fact callouts are probably more
> expensive at the sending side that at the receiving side so it's good
> for both sides to reduce it's use to the minimum. Not doing callouts
> for whitelisted senders/hosts, not doing them when spf=pass and doing
> them at the last stage, etc ...

That's probably better to actually _do_ callout when spf=pass, because
you are "sure" that one the authorized IPs for the domain has sent the
mail, so you have rights to verify the address exists.
The problem with spf is that it should have been implemented from the
beggining. Now, the people who really care about setting spf are
spammers by putting an spf telling all IPs can send from their domain names.

(and, well, to be honest, I do block all mails coming from Verizon owned
domains because they just happen to blacklist everyone except the US, so
I can't answer or do callouts anyway. Verizon also recommends to use
another email provider if you really want to send mails... How amazing...)