Re: [exim] Mail servers blocking DSN's

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Renaud Allard
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: W B Hacker
Υ/ο: exim users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Mail servers blocking DSN's

W B Hacker wrote:

> and ended up blacklisting the entire '.de' TLD 'coz they thot the *registrar*
> was non-complaint. (.de was, and is fully RFC compliant).
>
> Not for just a few months, either. Google that.
>
> Likewise they list the registrars of several smaller countries for specious
> reasoning.

Indeed, but only dumb people would use a whois rbl to block mail
directly. The only good lists there are dsn and abuse lists. And they
still shouldn't be used to block mail based only on their query
(although dsn may help some people in _not_ doing callouts there)

> Doesn't say much for their accuracy.
>
> I give 'em great marks for stubborness, though I uspect they did *eventually*
> relent and unblock ".de".

Indeed, some .de is a very good example of a bad entry. But it was
approved by Dredd, which I think is not there anymore. Hildeb does a
much better work and was very reluctant in blacklisting .be although .be
is _not_ rfc compliant and that proves to be a PITA if you need an ssl
certificate for a .be domain (the same goes with .eu).

--

.O.
..O