Re: [exim] problem of understanding of unseen, self=pass and…

Author: Mark Adams
To: Marten Lehmann
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] problem of understanding of unseen, self=pass and more
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 09:48:49PM +0200, Marten Lehmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two routers that both shall be used on a delivery. But these
> routers are not resposible for the same addresses so sometimes none of
> the routers is responsible, sometimes one of them and sometimes both.

Please provide a clearer example

> No matter which combinations of "self = pass", "unseen" and "more" I
> tried, they all didn't work out the way I expected it.
>
> If I'm using "unseen" on the first router and the first router is
> responsible, but not the second, then I get "Unroutable address" at smtp
> time. If I'm using "more", the second router isn't touched at all if the
> first router was successful.

If you are using "unseen" and the first router is responsible, it
will pass through further along the routers, therefore allowing the
second, third etc etc routers until it matches one that is not unseen.

Please post the routers you are using.

> What do I have to write so that both routers are completely processed in
> any case?

The first router matched will be processed, unless unseen.

> Regards
> Marten

Cheers,
Mark