Re: [exim] Mail servers blocking DSN's

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Renaud Allard
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Stuart Gall
Kopio: exim users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Mail servers blocking DSN's
Hi,

Please report them to http://www.rfc-ignorant.org

> I assume that this is some kind of anti spam measure
> So this means
> 1. They will never get a DSN
> 2. sender callout will fail

This is a dumb so-called antispam feature which is not rfc compliant and
stops about nothing.

> Now obviously if they do not accept DSN's undeliverable messages will
> be frozen on our server and so this should be rejected. Personally I
> would be quite happy to leave it at that. However one of my clients
> wants to be able to receive mail from two such domains.
>
> So I was wondering if anyone else has came across this strange tactic. ?
> If it becomes more widespread then perhaps we need an option to
> specify the from address in sender callouts.

I did come into such a problem. The resolution is quite simple, just
contact the owner of these domains (IE: cc the postmaster of these
domain when you send the evidence of their non compliance to
rfc-ignorant.org) and ask them to correct their mail servers.
For an example of a warning mail, you can look at
http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/tools/detail.php?domain=asicorp.com&submitted=1161039519&table=dsn
(yes, I do submit them automatically and there are many per day)

Another (bad) solution is to do something like this in your rules:
deny
  condition   = ${if match
{$sender_address_domain}{domain1.tld|domain2.tls}{no}{yes}}
  message     = <$sender_address> does not appear to be a valid sender
address.
  !verify     = sender/callout=20s,defer_ok,random