Re: [exim] auto-replies, forwards and such

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] auto-replies, forwards and such
Tony Heal wrote:

> I am looking for an easy, user controlled, way to implement auto-replies for
> vacations and such. I would also like to add a user controlled forward
> ability if possible. A web based program would work best, but I can have
> that created if needed to work with a CLI option.
>

> Any advice is welcome
>

> Thanks in advance
>

> Tony

Ours are in a PostgreSQL DB. Others will do as well.

You can store the content, or just a path to a flat file, then also just a
'toggle' to re-use a standard message <whenever>.

If you want to, you can even set/unset/modify these with e-mail messages, no web
required. Exim does INSERT and UPDATE as easily as SELECT.

Loads of tools to GUI'fy/ webalize those w/o granting access to the mailserver
itself. If you web-ify, check the security history on whatever language/toolset
you choose, DB or otherwise, and keep checking it, e.g. with chron'ed
'portaudit' or such. Most have been compromised, some quite often (PHP?)

Bill