Re: [exim] Callouts not working

Author: Rory Campbell-Lange
To: Dave Evans
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Callouts not working
On 15/10/06, Dave Evans (davide-20060825@???) wrote:
> Have you tried "exim -d+all -bhc x.x.x.x" (for some real IP address x.x.x.x)?
>
> Failing that, if it was me I'd turn the router into a "manualroute" one, with
> "route_data = * CLW_LOCAL_RELAY". But that's just me; saying "well, I
> wouldn't do it that way" doesn't explain why your way doesn't work.

Thanks again for your reply.

Recap:
- The config: internet <-> mail routing server <-> mailhub
- The intention: do callouts from routing server to mailhub to check
local part of email address is valid.

Following your notes I've modified the setup as shown at the bottom of
this mail. relay_to_domains = hopkins.co.uk : ha-usa.com
and the host mailhub = 10.0.0.24

Calling exim with:

    -d+all -bhc <valid remote ip>

on the routing mail server (whose config is below) shows the mailhub
host accepting mail for any hosts in +relay_to_domains, probably because
the routing mail server is set as a server that is allowed to route
through the mailhub.

Running the same test on mailhub fails for an invalid local part for the
relay_to_domains domains.

Is there a way of ensuring that mailhub does not unconditionally accept
mail for its local domains, even though the router server is allowed to
route through it?

Many thanks
Rory

...config details below....

acl_check_rcpt excerpt:

    accept
        domains = +relay_to_domains
        endpass
        verify = recipient/callout

router:

    LOCAL_CLW_REDIRECT:
        driver = manualroute
        domains = +relay_to_domains
        transport = CLW_RELAY_BYNAME_SMTP
        route_list = +relay_to_domains mailhub byname
        no_more

transport:

    CLW_RELAY_BYNAME_SMTP:
        debug_print = "T: CLW relay byname for $local_part@$domain"