Re: [exim] What's up ith the uceprotect blacklist?

Author: Renaud Allard
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] What's up ith the uceprotect blacklist?

Marc Perkel wrote:

> My solution if they won't fix their problem is to make the spam
> filtering community aware of their business practices and hope that
> enough people quit using their blacklist that they have to go back to
> listing just spammers. When a company knowingly and deliberately lists
> people as spammers who they know are spam filtering companies then that
> needs to be exposed. I think they need to keep their politics separate
> from their lists.

I do not often agree with Mark :), but this time I do really agree with
him. I will just remove options that people may use to filter mail using
uceprotect from all the mailrelay products I actually manage. I happened
to have a client listed on uceprotect without knowing why, but now I
think I know the reason. I certainly wouldn't use a blacklist with such
a bad policy and nonsense.