Re: [exim] changing log output?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Marten Lehmann
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] changing log output?
Hello,

> Exim's logging is *fully* configurable, both as to format (such as time) and
> trigger-event.

but to be honest, I don't want to list 10 default log items which need
to be cut off the mainlog and 10 other ones that shall be put into
reject log which may change in future release. Isn't there any option
like "write_rejectlog_into_mainlog = 0" which is valid for all routers
and acls?

> See 'log_selector' and the '+' and '-' options list.

> Even there, you can decide *which* log the text is put into with:
>
> :main:
> :reject:
> :panic:
>
> - at the start of the text.

> You can even use the otherwies (hopefully) idle 'paniclog' to build .csv format
> files for upload to a DB or spreadsheet:
>
> log_write = :panic:,<field1>,<field2>,<field 'n'>

Why aren't these flags mentioned on
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.63/doc/html/spec_html/ch48.html#SECTlogselector
?

What do I have to write to i.e. remove rejected_header-entries from the
mainlog and put them into the reject-log? I can have only one line of
log_selector, can't I?

Regards
Marten Lehmann