Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusiv…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Chris Edwards
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusive
On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, David Woodhouse wrote:

| On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 16:09 +0100, Ian Eiloart wrote:
| > 1. People who bounce viruses with warning messages (actually, that's fine).
|
| It's not fine to _bounce_ them -- they should be rejected. Generating
| bounces in responses to viruses is bad.

I think Ian meant listing of people who bounce viruses is fine.

| Yeah, this is just the UCEPROTECT folks being muppets. I'm with Nigel;
| they're best ignored.

The classic DNSBL argument! Assuming they are muppets, they will
ultimately be ignored, with few mail admins using them to block. If
however enough mail admins are using them to block as to cause pain to
those listed, then one might at least sit and think whether or not their
listing policy has some merit afterall.