Re: [exim] How do i set up Exim4 to send system mails

Author: John Burnham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How do i set up Exim4 to send system mails
> I want to set up a MTA just to send me system messages, such
> as over quota or md alerts.
>

> I know EXIM4 is installed by default, but how do i set it up
> just to send and do nothing else. Or would sendmail be
> easier, but i thouth i might as well use Debians default.

Well.... You've pretty much just asked "How do I run a mail server ?". It's not
really a question that's easily answered. You may well be better off contacting
the Debian Exim mailing list as Debian have modified the config files to make it
easier to do what you want to do - if you ask there they may well be able to
tell you to change a few values in a config file to make it do what you want to.
Those of us who don't use Debian (or at least don't use their split config file
setup) won't be able to help with that. Try
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-exim4-users

If you have any specific questions about Exim, please feel free to ask them here
but I do think asking on the Debian specific list is your best bet initially.
John