Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusiv…

Author: David Saez Padros
Subject: Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusive
Hi !!

> If someone claimes to be you@yourdomain and sends out some million spammails
>
> you will get a real feeling, why you should not use callouts.
>
> Ok your system will have to deal with tons of bounces, but additional with
> all those lamerz using sender callouts.

we have been on such situation where viruses catched some of our email
addresses and start spreading at great scale. The real problem which
make our servers really busy was to deal with bounces sent by antivirus
to that forged address, but we never had any problem with callouts. We
still receive some bounces for that addreses (which were deactivated
long time ago) and in fact we would prefer that other people use
callouts to avoid receiving such bounces, as handling callouts is more
efficient that having to deal with the whole bounce.

In fact any callout that you receive is another bounce that you avoid
receiving, so if you ever faced that situation you will really prefer
callouts than bounces.

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53