Re: [exim] Proposed change to list moderation handling

Author: John Robinson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Proposed change to list moderation handling
On 17/10/2006 01:10, Marc Sherman wrote:
> John Robinson wrote:
>> The last time I posted from the wrong account, I think I did get a
>> response back immediately telling me it would have to wait for
>> moderation. I may be being very dense but I don't see a problem with it.
>
> Yes, you're being very dense. :)
>
> Consider what happens when someone spams the mailing list with ten
> thousand messages, all forged with your unsubscribed sender address.

Err, "unsubscribed sender address"? Perhaps I misunderstood the earlier
poster's intention; I thought he just meant the auto-response to
non-members should include more/better instructions on how to subscribe
and a request not to resend, not a way of posting without membership.

I may still be being very dense, of course :-)

Cheers,

John.