Re: [exim] What's up ith the uceprotect blacklist?

Author: Marc Perkel
To: Craig Whitmore
CC: exim users, W B Hacker
Subject: Re: [exim] What's up ith the uceprotect blacklist?

Craig Whitmore wrote:
>> Many folks treat a sender-verify callout as a probe.
>> Many more don't respond in a useful or timely way.
>>
>> We *have* given it up.
>>

> I've started to use callouts and I personally find they work quite well
> except for people who insist on sending out emails from invalid address so
> I've had to whitelist a few things like noreply@ etc. Also there are broken
> SMTP Servers which don't accept bounces (so I report them to rfc-ignorant).
> Most of the time I can contact the owners of the mail servers and get them
> to fix their broken mail servers.
>
> Thanks

Here's my sender verification ACL.

# --- Drop if the verify fails during the "recipient" part of the test.

deny    message = REJECTED - Sender Verify Failed - The email server for
the domain [$sender_address_domain] tells junkemailfilter.com that the
sender's email address [$sender_address] is not a valid. $acl_verify_message
        log_message = REJECTED - Sender Verify Failed - The email server
for the domain [$sender_address_domain] tells junkemailfilter.com that
the sender's email address [$sender_address] is not a valid.
$acl_verify_message
    !hosts = +nohosttests
        condition =
${lookup{$sender_address_domain}wildlsearch{/etc/exim/acllists/noverify.txt}{no}{yes}}
        condition =
${lookup{$sender_host_address}wildlsearch{/etc/exim/acllists/noverify.txt}{no}{yes}}
    !verify =
header_sender/callout=2m,defer_ok,mailfrom=sender-verify@???
    condition = ${if eq{recipient}{$sender_verify_failure}}