Re: [exim] AOL Scomp Technology

Author: Chad Leigh
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] AOL Scomp Technology

On Jul 10, 2006, at 12:31 AM, Dave Evans wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 08:27:19PM -0600, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net
> LLC wrote:
>> But they do not identify, in most
>> cases, the name of the aol user (not name but aol name) the mail was
>> sent to.
>
> Sign up for the feedback loop again, and tick the "ARF" (Abuse
> Reporting
> Format) option on. It's much more machine-parseable, doesn't
> mangle the
> headers, and includes the AOL recipient in a nice easy-to-find part
> of the
> message.

Not any more

The last few days everywhere any sort of email address appears
including the AOL subscribers (where it used to show) now shows
"redacted@" or "redacted" or some variant on that.

Damn AOL. I am getting ready to just starting rejecting all AOL mail
-- but that measure won't do anything unless lots of other providers
do the same.

The only SPAM complaints we get are people who have overzealous
security settings set in their AOL email or who forget that they are
subscribed to a mail list (mailman/majordomo) that they had to sign
up for. I need to know who so I can go get mad at them and tell them
not to do it anymore.

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC