Re: [exim] Proposed change to list moderation handling

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Proposed change to list moderation handling
Peter Bowyer wrote:

> On 16/10/06, Nigel Metheringham
> <nigel.metheringham@???> wrote:
>
>>I am proposing to change the list moderation handling -
>

> <snip>
>
>>I am intending to change this so that I no longer get immediate
>>moderation notification, or immediate notification of membership
>>status changes (mostly due to bounces). Instead I will purely work
>>on the daily status reports (I may change these to twice per day).
>

> I find that a much easier way of handling stuff on Mailman lists I
> moderate. I don't think it materially deteriorates the level of
> service offered to posters, in fact it lets you focus on a worklist
> and means things are less likely to slip through the net.
>
> If you're looking for overflow / stand-in moderation help, I'll gladly
> volunteer.
>
> Peter

FWIW, C&W (when they still *had* a global telecoms company) covered 24 X 7
global NOC staffing from London, Washington, (DC), and Hong Kong. Near-as-dammit
to evenly distrbuted time-zones, and lower 'premium hours' costs.

Our expat/retired staff mailing lists were done much the same, with moderators
in Belize, UK, HKG/US (ich) & Thailand. A closed 'sublist' for moderator chat
helped.

'Many hands...'

Bill