Re: [exim] Postfix Xforward in exim?? OS fingeprinting in ex…

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Postfix Xforward in exim?? OS fingeprinting in exim?
Marc Sherman <msherman@???> wrote:
> maciek@??? wrote:
>> Is there implementation of postfix Xforward in exim?
>> I want to use exim with p0f fingerprinting and amavisd-new but i cannot
>> because of lack Xforward mechanism.

> What does Xforward do?

http://www.postfix.org/XFORWARD_README.html
If (Gateway-) MTA1 forwards a mail to (internal) MTA2, it can pass on
the original SMTP dialogue to MTA2:

220 server.example.com ESMTP Postfix
EHLO client.example.com
250-server.example.com
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 10240000
250-VRFY
250-ETRN
250-XFORWARD NAME ADDR PROTO HELO
250 8BITMIME
XFORWARD NAME=spike.porcupine.org ADDR=168.100.189.2 PROTO=ESMTP
250 Ok
XFORWARD HELO=spike.porcupine.org
250 Ok
MAIL FROM:<wietse@???>
250 Ok
[...]

cu andreas
--
The 'Galactic Cleaning' policy undertaken by Emperor Zhark is a personal
vision of the emperor's, and its inclusion in this work does not constitute