Re: [exim] Repeating log entries but no traffic

Author: Andreas Pettersson
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Repeating log entries but no traffic
W B Hacker wrote:

>Try this from the CLI:
>
>host -v 62.65.23.248 > weird
>
>more (or less) weird
>
>The return I get - a cname and 205 PTR records, in addition to the usual
>informative overhead - is the reason I suggested piping to a file.

Yeah, I also noticed that.

>Now do:
>
>whois 62.65.23.248
>
>Find "ASSIGNED PA"
>
>Rest is up to you, but my reaction was:
>
>ipfw add 00666 deny ip from 62.65.0.0/19 to any

My reaction wasn't quite that extreme ;)
I don't expect to get junk from any host in this netblock (but I'll be
keeping an eye on it, for sure).
For now I only want to cut the crap from this specific host.

ipfw deny 00666 tcp from 62.65.23.248 to me dst-port 25 setup
is enough for the moment.

--
Andreas