Re: [exim] [Newbie] Using To: header to replace envelope rec…

Author: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] [Newbie] Using To: header to replace envelope recipient?
jpetry@??? wrote:

> Yes, I can see that would be a problem.
>
> I'll put in a guard condition to check for local domains.

What you want to do is pretty much fundamentally broken. It means that a
user at your site won't be able to subscribe to most mailing lists,
won't ever receive messages that are bcc'd (or even cc'd, though you
could fix that by processing the Cc: header as well as To:), and I'm
pretty sure that your implementation will also generate a lot of
backscatter for non-deliverable messages that were already accepted.

- Marc