Re: [exim] No local delivery at all...

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] No local delivery at all...
On Wednesday 11 October 2006 16:27, Marco Gaiarin took the opportunity to say:
> I'm reviewing an exim configuration that i have to deploy on firewall
> or bastion hosts in my organization.
>
> All these box does not have local deliverying at all, they simply
> accept mail for a set of domains (pratically, *.lnf.it) and forward to
> an internal host for real delivery (and clearly use callout for
> verification).
> [...]
> + It is safe to remove completely all local routers/transports, or not?

If you don't intend to do any local deliveries, you don't need any local
routers or transport. Just make sure that all mail from cron and such is
handled.

> + Can i set local_domains to an empty string?

No, local_domains is a domain list, so you can only set it to the empty
list. :-) But if you remove all references to it, you don't need it anymore.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)