[exim] Newbie Question - Exim Loggin & SMTP

Author: Mike Tonks
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Newbie Question - Exim Loggin & SMTP

I've been running exim on debian for a while, and while it's generally
excellent, I'm having a few pronblems at the moment that I've been
unable to solve.

Issues include spamassassin failing to stop spam (occasionally needs a
restart), bouncing mail, some SMTP / MD5 errors.

One main thing I would like to do is improve the logging, and get a real
handle on how to customise the logging. At the minute everything is
pretty much is the mainlog - I'd like to log things in to seperate files
e.g. SMTP authentication, incoming SMTP connections, etc.

Can anyone give some tips / point me at documentation / examples on this?

In particular, this is the current error report I have, which suggest a
smtp timeout?