Re: [exim] [Dovecot] request to have dovecot authenticatordr…

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] [Dovecot] request to have dovecot authenticatordriver 'officially' included/supported
Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, W B Hacker wrote:
>

>>As a matter of general curiosity, is it well-known what effect, if any, UTF-8
>>(or non-UTF Asian encodings) have on any of this?
>

> My guess is "no effect" because TAB in Unicode is the same one-byte
> character that it is in ASCII.

ACK for tab - but does '8-bit safe' apply to everything else as well?

Mind - I am not concernend about headers or message body - those are areas where
lots of experience exists.

Only with possible glitches in authentication, where I am not so sure...

.. (goes off to put his *Chinese* name into the DB and find out what happens....)

Back shortly...

Bill