Re: [exim] Exec Perl Script

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exec Perl Script
Jose Manuel Lopez wrote:

> Hi,
> It's possible exec perl script from router o exim transport?
> I need do it for create maildirsize file.

Exim can run both built-ins (see pcre), embedded perl (which see) and
essentially *any* external executable you can grant rights to and call.

If all you need to do is create a file, that can be done with no external help
at all.

Take note of router/transports that create missing mbox or maildir structures
for a user on first-receipt of a message.

See also the code used to check quotas.

google.com or a specific search of this list's archives should
turn up many reasonably relevant examples.

Bill

[1] google.com.hk and other Asian-language versions will NOT return the same
breadth of results as their English/western-european language counterparts.
One may need to disable cookies, force an english-language choice, or use
google.ch. Google.es should be OK for searching EN material AFAIK.