Re: [exim-dev] Remove RSA_EXPORT support

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Marc Haber
CC: exim-dev, fw
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] Remove RSA_EXPORT support
On Sun, 8 Oct 2006, Marc Haber wrote:

> Florian Weimer has made a patch removing RSA_EXPORT support from Exim.
> This patch removes blocking on /dev/random from the DH parameter
> generation, which is a big source of trouble for the Debian packages.
>
> I intend to use this patch on the Debian packages after testing on my
> systems for a few days.
>
> Would this patch be applicable for the Exim distribution as well?

I'll run my tests on it; I guess if they all work it seems reasonable to
consider applying it, but I'm not at all an expert on this stuff. I
suspect that Florian knows a lot more than I do about it.

> ----- Forwarded message from Florian Weimer <fw@???> -----
>
> > The attached patches remove RSA_EXPORT support from Exim.

At a quick look, it seems to remove *all* RSA support, just leaving the
D-H support. Is that correct? Surely we want Exim to support both RSA
encryption and D-H encryption? Or have I missed something here?