Re: [exim] EMAIL RESTRICTIONS

Author: David Saez Padros
To: Merlin Aldous S. Espinoza
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] EMAIL RESTRICTIONS
Hi !!

> first, i want to limit the email access to only those addresses in our
> domain. so i want to let anyone@??? send and receive with
> anyone-else@???, but no-one@???.

do you mean send TO and receive FROM anyone-else@??? ?

just add this to rcpt acl (and the following ones in the same order):

# avoid non authenticated users using your domain

deny    sender_domains = mycompany.com
         !authenticated = *

(it will be better that you only allow users to use his own email
address , so all this setting could not be bypassed by just changing
the email address in the mua)

# accept internal emails

accept  sender_domains = mycompany.com
    domains        = mycompany.com
         authenticated  = *

> second, i DO want to allow access to outside world, but only for my
> employees that are on a white list.

# whitelisted users can do everything

accept  sender_domains = mycompany.com
         condition      = ${lookup{$sender_address}\
            lsearch{/usr/local/exim/whitelisted.txt}

> if our mail server gets an email addressed to someone who is not on the
> white list, then it gets bounced.

deny    domains        = mycompany.com
         !condition     = ${lookup{$sender_address}\
            lsearch{/usr/local/exim/whitelisted.txt}

> if john@??? tries to send an email, but john@??? is
> not on the white list, then it bounces back to john.

i supose you mean 'send and email to the outside world'

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53