Re: [exim] Trouble with a match condition

Author: Hill Ruyter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Trouble with a match condition
Ok thanks

just that I am trying to feel my way in the dark here as I am very new to
all of this.
I find it hard to make sense of the many "how to" documents etc. that all
seem to relate to
systems with users that have system accounts that can use the .forward file.
(although I later found some good stuff on Marc's site. Thanks Marc)

I have it pretty much working now only to find that had I noticed,
Spamassassin adds an extra Spam-Flag header for
spam, I could have used a completely different method that did not require
me to read the documentation on regular expressions. . I must say from the
the position of the uninitiated this is not the easiest of concepts to
grasp.

I hope you can forgive my misinterpretation, that the inclusion of / either
side of the expressions in the documents I read, was an indication that they
were required in some way.

It would be really nice if there was a simplified explanation with some
common examples (and mistakes) for the use of regular expressions within the
exim documentation rather than just a link to the PCRE docs.
Or perhaps there is and I was too dumb to spot it ?

Yours
Hill Ruyter