[exim] Shadowing individual users in a multi-domain environm…

Author: David M Walker
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Shadowing individual users in a multi-domain environment
We host multiple domains on our mail server and all mail for that domain
must pass through this server.
We have a requirement to shadow certain users for certain domains.
We need to do this for all incoming and outgoing mail

The domain specific configuration files are held in /clients/${domain}/etc

So the need is this:

For any message that passes through the system, look up the sender,
recipient and cc/bcc in /clients/${domain}/etc/shadow_users, if the user
exists then copy the message to a file (ideally that can be specified in
some other config file) whilst allowing the message to continue. The
purpose here being to audit rather than filter

I have played with filters and transports with varying degrees of success

What is the appropriate method ?

Can anyone provide or point me to a pertinant example ?

Thanks
davidw
                     Data Management And Warehousing

David M. Walker                            Tel:  +44 (0)7050 028 911
138, Finchampstead Road,  Wokingham,       Fax:  +44 (0)7050 028 912
Berkshire, RG41 2NU, United Kingdom.       Data: +44 (0)7050 028 913

http://www.datamgmt.com                   mailto:davidw@datamgmt.com

begin:vcard
fn:David Walker
n:Walker;David
org:Data Management & Warehousing
adr:;;138 Finchampstead Road;Wokingham;Berkshire;RG41 2NU;United Kingdom
email;internet:davidw@???
title:Consultant
tel;work:07050 028 911
tel;fax:01189 776 912