[exim] exec chain?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Mironov, Leonid {PBG}
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] exec chain?
I've got the following setup: exim 4.63 running on linux calls procmail
from .forward, a certain procmail recipe invokes a shell script which
runs an awk script which has to send some mail and it is when mailing
from awk that I run into some trouble: I need to add some headers to
messages and unix 'mail' inserts a blank line before the input, so all
the headers added from awk are treated as text - cannot use it. I tried
using 'exim -bm' but it fails with exit code 127 (exim.h: EX_EXECFAILED
127 /* execve() failed */). Exactly the same 'exim -bm ...' command
executed by the same user from the shell promt performs flawlessly and
does what I want it to do. Am I right suspecting that exim refuses do be
run in a process chain started by exim itself? If yes, what can I do to
change this behavior? If nothing, maybe someone can point me to an
utility which can mail AND append my headers? I am not keen on writing
yet another mail agent, tried mailuitils - same problem as with 'mail'.

:), Leo