Re: [exim] How to relay to more than one authenticated serve…

Author: Donald Craig
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to relay to more than one authenticated server?
On 2006-09-16, Magnus Holmgren <holmgren@???> wrote:

> As section 33.5 says, you can use $host and $host_address as selectors. But
> you have to use two expansions, like this (untested):
>
>  login:
>     driver       =  plaintext
>     public_name  =  LOGIN
>     client_send  =  : ${if eq{$host}{foo.example.com}{FOO_ID}{BAR_ID}} \
>                     : ${if eq{$host}{foo.example.com}{FOO_PWD}{BAR_PWD}}

And that's all very well, but the problem I have is that several
of the hosts I am relaying to have different actual DNS names than
the one I use to contact them.

I know the contact name, but if I use that in client authenticator
expansions it fails to match $host, because $host is rewritten with
the primary DNS name. As an example, connecting to
smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com
will yield
smtp.sbc.mail.yahoo4.akadns.net
and
smtp.gmail.com
will yield
gmail-smtp.l.google.com
in $host. And, over time, this can change without notification.

Is it possible to access the hostname I used to connect
inside the exim client authenticator rules? Is there some
other way to structure this?

cheers,
Don Craig