[exim] adding return_path and processing bounces ...

Author: Karl-Heinz Wild
To: exim users
Subject: [exim] adding return_path and processing bounces ...
Hello all.

I'm trying the following, I will describe the process and the
steps in detail

Sending messages
adding return_path with "bounces-myname=domain@???"
adding the same into error-to

The target mailserver should get the request and if there is
something wrong with the recipient is should bounce the message to
"bounces-myname=domain@???".

I tried and the log entry at the target host is

H=senderdomain [n.n.n.n] F=<bounces-myname=domain@???>
rejected RCPT <myname@???>: Unrouteable address

In the message I get as bounce is not info about bounces- nor the
special senderadress (return_path).

Is there something I missed?

Thanks for helping.

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz

ps: I did all I found in the document
     http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html
     without success.

-----------------------------------

My send transport looks like

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp
max_rcpt = 1
return_path = ${local_part:$return_path}+$local_part=$domain-
bounces@${domain
headers_remove = errors-to
headers_add = errors-to: ${return_path}
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add

My receive router and the transport looks like

bounce_router:
driver = accept
domains = +local_domains
local_part_suffix_optional
local_part_suffix = -bounces
transport = bounce_transport

bounce_transport:
driver = pipe
command = /bin/sh -c 'cat >> /tmp/test.exim'