[exim] migration problem from maildir to lmtp

Author: Marten Lehmann
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] migration problem from maildir to lmtp
Hello,

we currently have an address-file in use with a redirect router, where
each email-address has a line like

test@???: another-adress@???, /mailboxes/dev.de/test/Maildir

directory_transport is set to an append-file transport. Now I want to
change this so local deliveries are done by lmtp (thus an
smtp-transport). But then the smtp-transport is using the Maildir-path
as recipient address, which obviously fails. I also tried to override
the home_directory in the transport with $local_pat@$domain, but this gives

home directory path "test@???" is not absolute for mailbox_lmtp
transport.

How can I use existing redirect router to support redirects and
deliveries of mails at the same time? Or isn't this possible?

My only other idea would be to split it up completely:

redirect-router
    unseen

local-delivery-router
    unseen

accept-router
    look if address is listed in redirect- or local-delivery-table

But this would make the configuration more complicated.

Regards
Marten