Re: [exim] problem with spamd (connection time out)

Author: John Robinson
To: Balzi Andrea
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] problem with spamd (connection time out)
On 29/09/2006 16:53, Balzi Andrea wrote:
> It's less than a tenth one of the occupation that I have!
> How you have made it?

Pre-built binaries from CentOS and dag.wieers.com (on different boxes).
The servers only handle about 1000 messages per day, but they're
"virtual private servers" (one Virtuozzo, one OpenVZ) with small memory
allocations (256MB maximum but things are configured so it doesn't run
too close to that) also running ClamAV, plus apache, squirrelmail...

> Now I've try to insert --max-conn-per-child like you.
> Isn't changed the amount of the RAM used from every single child,

There's something badly wrong here. spamd should not consume 450MB at
startup. I'm afraid I don't know what. You may get more luck asking on
the spamassassin list...

Cheers,

John.