[exim] lmtp over tcp?

Author: Marten Lehmann
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] lmtp over tcp?
Hello,

in my setup exim is running on different machine than cyrus, so I cannot
use unix sockets for the lmtp-transport. I cannot use the cyrus-deliver
as command either, because the cyrus stuff isn't installed on the smtp
server.

Why aren't tcp-sockets supported for lmtp? I mean: There have been
people writing the code to talk to spamd via unix socket or tcp socket
so the code is already there. Wouldn't it be possible to adapt the code
and make lmtp available through tcp, too? I'm not so keen on c
programming so unfortunately I cannot do it on my own.

Regards
Marten