Re: [exim] Sending mail from different IP per domain

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: W B Hacker
À: exim users
Sujet: Re: [exim] Sending mail from different IP per domain
Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> On Friday 22 September 2006 13:04, Heiko Schlittermann took the opportunity to
> say:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>Magnus Holmgren <holmgren@???> (Fr 22 Sep 2006 12:56:37 CEST):
>>

>>>It's easy for mail with a single recipient or which originates locally.
>>>It's more difficult when multiple mails are being sent to the same remote
>>>host but from different local domains. But when I think about it, it
>>>should be possible to make Exim separate them into different connections.
>>
>>probably I'm missing some point, but the OP wanted to select the
>>outgoing IP based on the /sender/ domain. And there should be exacly
>>/one/ sender domain, shouldn't?
>

> Yes. Or no. Maybe I'm making things unnecessarily complicated, but let's say
> that you have two customers (each with their own domain and associated IP
> address), and that some of their users for some reason have .forward files
> that point to two gmail addresses. If user1@??? sends mail to
> user2@???, then at least I would want the server to connect to
> gmail's MX from company-b's address, just like if someone from the outside
> sent mail to user2@???. And if someone from the outside sends a
> mail to both user1 and user2 you'd have to make Exim deliver separate copies
> through separate connections from the respective interfaces. At least if you
> want to maintain an illusion of two physically distinct servers.

Exactly what *is* wanted - after all, I wish to scrutinize HELO and hostname/IP
'relationship' on the incoming, even if not as a hard-fail, so prefer my own
servers to be as compliant/consistent as possible.

As said, easiest (BFBI) with multiple Exim instances, and that approach is
available whenever a few 'critical' domains are to be kept separate.

There is still room for further refinement, however.

Bill