Re: [exim] Sending mail from different IP per domain

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Sending mail from different IP per domain
Fernando Barajas wrote:

> Hi! I run a webhosting business here in Mexico, and I have my server
> hosted at EV1 servers. My server runs Linux RHEL with Cpanel and Exim
> as the MTA.

CPanel aside, not sure how much flexibility you will actually have if
you do not actually own that server or at least have 'root'.

> Do you know if ther's a way that I could send different domains' mails
> from a different IP? That is, that all mails from *@domain1.com will
> go out from IP "11.22.33.44", and all mails from "*anotherdomain.com"
> will go out from IP "55.66.77.88"?
>
> I have 2 IPs on my server, and they respond to different domains for
> HTTP, but all the mail that comes out from my server comes from the
> server's main IP.

Sure. (at least) two ways:

BFBI:

- invoke two separate instances of Exim, specifying a different ~/configure file
for each.

Bind each to just one of the IP's.

More Elegant:

- run one instance of Exim with a slightly more complex ~/configure file, one
specifying the interface to be used for each (list of) domains.

Details for each are plentiful in the list archives, but you should probably
first see which approach is the least hassle to set up and admin in your
particular RHEL+CPanel situation.

> Hope my english is undestandable :-)

'native speaker-grade', save you spell (or type) better than I do.

But since you mention otherwise,

'BFBI' = "Brute Force and Bloody Ignorance"

> Greetings from Cholula, Puebla, México.

Igualmente de Hong Kong SAR, PRC.

Bill Hacker