Re: [exim] using $dnslist to fight spam in Exim4.60

Autor: Jeremy Harris
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] using $dnslist to fight spam in Exim4.60
Jeremiah Foster wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I am trying to grok spam fighting with ACLs. Please note that I am using a
> debian based system but
> I am explicitly asking on the "upstream" list. I will translate any advice
> provided to my debian specific
> configuration file.
>
> In my spamassassin header called X-Spam-Report there is a line:
>
> RBL: SORBS: sent directly from dynamic IP address [82.121.16.205 listed in
> dnsbl.sorbs.net]
>

> I understand this to mean "Realtime Blacklist" from sorbs.net. I would like
> to incorporate this list
> directly into my exim4 conf file. I placed this stanza there:
>
> deny            message = Access denied - $sender_host_address\
>                           listed by $dnslist_domain\n$dnslist_text
>                 dnslists = dnsbl.sorbs.net

> But above it is another stanza that perhaps already includes Sorbs;
>
>   # Check against classic DNS "black" lists (DNSBLs) which list
>   # sender IP addresses
>   .ifdef CHECK_RCPT_IP_DNSBLS
>   warn
>     message = X-Warning: $sender_host_address is listed at $dnslist_domain
> ($dnslist_value: $dnslist_text)
>     log_message = $sender_host_address is listed at $dnslist_domain
> ($dnslist_value: $dnslist_text)
>     dnslists = CHECK_RCPT_IP_DNSBLS
>   .endif

> Is my addition of the Sorbs list redundant?

You're doing a deny, whereas the existing bit does a warn which adds
a header line. So they're different. You may as well put your
one first.

We don't know if CHECK_RCPT_IP_DNSBLS includes sorbs, but it won't
matter much either way.

- Jeremy