Re: [exim] exim 4.63 and Trend IMSS

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: Exim, Users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim 4.63 and Trend IMSS
On 20/09/06, Paolo Biancolli <Paolo.Biancolli@???> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to use Trend Micro IMSS for virus scanning and content
> filtering? We have IMSS 5.7 on a solaris 9 server.

>From what I remember of IMSS, it's a gateway-style content scanner,

designed to sit between your mail server and the outside world. As
such, there's not much 'integration' to do, other than to point it and
Exim at each other.

Of course, like many such solutions, there's a lot of overlap between
what it does and and what Exim can do for you on its own. And by
putting Exim behind such a solution, you're crippling a lot of what
you could be doing in Exim ACLs.

Maybe your question was really about using IMSS as a 'sandwich'
content scanner like SA-Exim or Mailscanner - dunno about that one...

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???