Re: [exim] Spamassassin + Exim4 high IO Wait

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Joseph Okech
Para: Mark Adams
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Spamassassin + Exim4 high IO Wait

On Tuesday 19 September 2006 17:58, Mark Adams wrote:
> Thanks Joseph, Where do you do the scanning in exim if you have accepted
> the mail first? (am currently using default acl_check_data) does this
> also mean all spam mail goes into a honeypot rather than completely
> rejecting obvious spam?

I have it setup as such, exim listens port25, accepts mails, except from
blacklisted users in known rbl's, then forwards uses lmtp to amavisd on
port10024 - mail is scanned for virus and by spamassassin. if score greater
than threshold, tag and send to user, and if obviously spam (score of 6 - 8),
quarantine and send message to sender, otherwise drop message.

I believe most I/O waits are due to exim scanning the message while accepting
it - several hundred instances of this, which in this setup is eliminating by
first accepting all. Of course I have the standard acl_check_rcpt (none on
data), but none invokes spam checking.

This setup reduced my CPU usage and I/O wait times by more than half.

rgds,
Joseph

---

I blog at http://okechukwu.blogspot.com

How much net work could a network work, if a network could net work?