Re: [exim] Spamassassin + Exim4 high IO Wait

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Mark Adams
To: Chris Lightfoot
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Spamassassin + Exim4 high IO Wait

> Do you have auto-learn and SA's bayesian mode enabled? If
> so you may be seeing a lot of write activity from SA
> updating its dictionaries (especially if you're using the
> default GDBM back-end, which is very inefficient).

Currently this isn't enabled, I've also disabled the URIDNSBL and
Hashcash checking options incase this was the issue - but this has not
helped the situation

> To assist in diagnosing, you might want to install iostat
> or similar and see what pattern of activity (number of
> transactions, number of blocks read/written) you're seeing
> during mail scanning.

Have been using iostat and sar, but will have to look into the stats
these are getting in more detail, only problem being they take the stats
on the whole logical volume group, which includes the SMB services. Do
you know if there is any way to get iostats on a specific process?

Thanks for your help
Mark