Re: [exim] Spamassassin + Exim4 high IO Wait

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Joseph Okech
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Spamassassin + Exim4 high IO Wait
I had these issues before with 3 similar servers in an ISP setup where I had
to continually 'baby-sit' spamd (maybe was a bad setup, didnt do it myself.)
I changed everything to use exim+amavisd setup where I accept mail first
before scanning (exceptions to rbl-listed IPs) and the servers now barely use
more than 10% CPU and always less than 5% I/O wait.
From my experience, scanning at SMTP-time thus has a load on CPU, other people
may differ on the same.

rgds,
Joseph

--

I blog at http://okechukwu.blogspot.com

Give a man a computer program and you give him a headache,
but teach him to program computers and you give him the power
to create headaches for others for the rest of his life...
                        -- R. B. Forest