Re: [exim] Spamassassin + Exim4 high IO Wait

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Graeme Fowler
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Spamassassin + Exim4 high IO Wait
On 19/09/2006 13:44, Mark Adams wrote:
> I'm talking about the wait time on the disks (iowait) which as defined
> by iostat manpage
>
> %iowait
> "Show the percentage of time that the CPU or CPUs were idle during which
> the system had an outstanding disk I/O request."
>
> it seems the disks cannot keep up with spamassassin?
>
> It is definatly something that I am worrying about as it is causing lag
> to the SMB service on the same server.

Ah.

In that case, if you've got enough (your definition, not mine!) RAM then
you could put the SpamAssassin working/Bayes directories onto a RAM
disk. In fact, while you're at it, put your Exim spool databases onto a
RAM disk too. You'll marvel (hopefully) at the boost you get in performance.

Implementation is left as an exercise for the reader, particularly with
respects volatility of data and (where necessary) keeping hold of it
across service restarts and/or system reboots.

Graeme