Re: [exim] Oddity in spam filtering: negative scores still p…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Magnus Holmgren
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Oddity in spam filtering: negative scores still produce "possible spam" message in X-Spam-Report
On Saturday 09 September 2006 10:56, John Robinson took the opportunity to
say:
> On 09/09/2006 09:26, Christian Schmidt wrote:
> > I think I just didn't get something: What is the difference between
> >     warn  message = X-Spam-Report: $spam_report
> >           spam = nobody
> > and
> >     warn  message = X-Spam-Report: $spam_report
> >           spam = nobody:true
> > ?

> The ":true" means the warning (header, in this case) is added whether
> the message is spam or not. Without it, the warning would only appear if
> SpamAssassin scored the message over the threshold.

More accurately, ":true" means that the spam condition is always true,
regardless of whether the score is above the SA-configured threshold
(required_score) or not. This is so you can call SA, ignoring that threshold,
and use other conditions to decide whether it's spam or not, and what headers
to add. The return value of the spam condition is otherwise the only way
required_score is used by Exim.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)