Re: [exim] testing routing and -bh

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: W B Hacker
À: exim users
Sujet: Re: [exim] testing routing and -bh
Ross Boylan wrote:
> I have some routing rules that depend on the IP of the sending host
> and the contents of the mail body.
>
> I tried using -bh to test these, but I didn't see any router output.
> Is -bh intended only for testing ACL's, or am I missing something (I
> invoked exim with -d+route -bh)?

Pass.. The Exim built-in tests are marvelous, but cannot cover everything.

> Is there any good way to test this setup? I can suppress delivery
> with -N, but it doesn't look as if I can fake the IP address at the
> same time.

You may not be able to fake 'the' IP address, but you can temporarily set the
conditional to *another* IP address from which you can send a test message.

Likewise the content, of course.

If the temporarily-modified acl does what is wanted - and no more (i.e. no mail
loop), then it should act the same with 'real' IP (and contents).

If you have no 'external' account to use for testing, worst-case, you can set up
an aliased IP and second instance of Exim to use (only) that IP on the same box,
then either enable 'domain_literals' and work Exim(1) <-> Exim(2) by IP, OR put
somthing useful in ~/etc/hosts and/or run a local DNS.

With 'temporary' supression of off-box callouts, one can test very safely
without leaving a local LAN - or even the single box.

> I'm trying to stay in testing mode since my first crack at the router
> produced a mail loop.
>
> Ross Boylan

Commendable. Hope the above helps. Even easier if you have TWO servers....

Bill