Re: [exim] using exim to reject prohibited mail to Mailman l…

Autor: David Woodhouse
A: Chris Lightfoot
CC: exim-users
Assumptes vells: [exim] using exim to reject prohibited mail to Mailman lists at SMTP time
Assumpte: Re: [exim] using exim to reject prohibited mail to Mailman listsat SMTP time
On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 16:47 +0100, Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> One evil possibility would be to defer mail in an ACL,
> while recording a copy in the moderation queue; the result
> of moderation could then be used to decide whether to
> accept or decline the message the next time the sending
> MTA submits it (identifying the message by its Message-ID:
> or perhaps a loose hash of its contents).

I do something similar with fakereject and control=freeze/no_tell.

We pretend to reject the offending message, sending an appropriate
message back to the sender. The message itself is frozen on the queue
and can be 'moderated' as appropriate.

In fact I use this on someone else's system for messages which my own
servers would just reject out of hand -- the intention was that the
rejection message would point to a URL containing a 'captcha' which a
real person could use to unfreeze their genuine false positive.

But I keep meaning to do something based on this for replacing mailman,
which I grow to hate more and more every day :)

--
dwmw2