Re: [exim] How to write a condition allowing to

Top Pagina
Auteur: Magnus Holmgren
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] How to write a condition allowing to
On Wednesday 06 September 2006 17:54, contact@??? took the
opportunity to say:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to create a router in the exim.conf allowing me to execute a file
> if I receive the following error messages : - The email boxe of the user
> which I send an email is full
> - The email doesn t exist any more

Do you mean when you get a bounce from another server saying that, or when the
mailbox of one of your local users is full or a user doesn't exist? I guess
the former.

The problem is that all such bounces aren't machine-readable. There exists a
standard format, but many mailers (including Exim) don't use it.

If you're running some kind of mailing list and want to automatically remove
bad addresses, you're probably better off using a mailing list manager
program, which sets the return address in a way that the failing address can
be identified, and to which you pipe all mail to that return address to.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)