Re: [exim] Exim filtering: add headers?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: W B Hacker
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Exim filtering: add headers?
John Robinson wrote:

> I'm probably being a bit blind, but I'd like to be able to add headers
> in my Exim filter, and I can't see how to do it from the docs. With my
> old procmail setup, I had lots of |formail "-IX-Foo: bar" but I don't
> think I can use Exim's pipe command like this because Exim doesn't
> expect anything back from the pipe.
>
> So please could someone briefly tell me how to, or point me in the
> direction of the appropriate section of the manual?
>
> Also, I'm delivering to maildirs for reading via Dovecot; how do I mark
> incoming messages as already seen (in the IMAP sense)? (I used to do
> |formail "-IStatus: R" so this is a vaguely related question for me.)
>
> Or should I be using Sieve not Exim filters to do these things?
>
> Cheers,
>
> John.

Headers can easily be added at smtp-time in acl's, or at delivery-time in
router/transport sets.

Ordinarily not much need for Seive or filters for that.

As far as having Dovecot index the messages as already read, you might send them
to a folder named 'Read'.

;-)

Otherwise, I suspect you will be 'fighting' Dovecot's indexing system, even if
you deliver them to, for example:

~/<wherever>/Maildir/cur

We deliver to bepoke folders, and Dovecot is au fait with that, but we let the
MUA worry about the read/unread status (Moz mail message filter rules, etc.).

HTH,

Bill