Re: [exim] System Filter problem

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] System Filter problem
Gary Rule wrote:

> I have a system filter that has a rule that looks like this:
>
> if ${lc:$h_To:} matches "^rt@???"
> or ${lc:$h_To:} matches "^<rt@???>" and
>          (
>          $sender_address_domain does not contain "domain.com"
>          )
> then
>          fail text "Email to our request tracker system MUST come from a
>   Company address."
> endif

> This seems to be blocking ALL mail to rt@??? though and I cannot
> figure out what I have done wrong. Basically i want to stop anyone from
> sending to rt@??? unless their from address contains domain.com.
>
> Gary

Help will no doubt arrive from others to fix the filter.

But..

IF you *really* mean not just an easily forged / accidentally mis-configured
'From:' address, but actual 'company assigned' staff e-mail accounts,

THEN

you may be better served to limit that destination to traffic from
locally-authenticated submitters. E.G. - even if/as/when traveling, your staff
can be submitting & authenticated, via port 587 to your own server.

Bill