Re: [exim] Question about AUTH PLAIN

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: John Robinson
À: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] Question about AUTH PLAIN
On 13/09/2006 07:39, Luca Bertoncello wrote:
> Hello, @all!
>
> I use a PHP-Module to send E-Mails.
> This module can use many different Authentication-Types.
> But AUTH-PLAIN seems not to run, because the module sends "AUTH PLAIN" and,
> then, in a new line!!, the Base64-Hash.
>
> I sends a bug report to the author of this module, but he sayd me that the Bug
> in Exim is, because RFC allows the AUTH-PLAIN in two forms: with the Hash in
> the same line or in a new line.
>
> Now the question: who is right? Exim or the author of this PHP-Module?
> If the author is right, how can I modify the Exim configuration to accept the
> Hash of AUTH-PLAIN in the new line?

If you have your Exim configuration correct to accept AUTH PLAIN at all,
it'll accept it over two lines. Have you tested with a regular mail client?

One thing occurs to me: done over two lines, the client ought to wait
for the server prompt before sending the base64-encoded username and
password, or Exim is liable to complain (correctly) about an SMTP
synchronisation error. Can you check your Exim logs to see if that's the
problem (you may want to start Exim with -d to get debugging
information), and if it is, get the PHP code fixed so it either uses the
one-line version or waits for the server prompt.

Cheers,

John.