Re: [exim] maildir_quota_directory_regex with subfolders

Top Pagina
Auteur: John Robinson
Aan: Marten Lehmann
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] maildir_quota_directory_regex with subfolders
On 12/09/2006 15:01, Marten Lehmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> The documentation for maildir_quota_directory_regex starts with this
>> sentence: "This option is relevant only when maildir_use_size_file is
>> set."
>>
>> So if you haven't set maildir_use_size_file, it won't have any effect.
>
> but I'm using quota support even if I'm not using maildir_use_size_file.
> How is exim calculating the quota then? Does it look into any folders
> below the base Maildir automatically?

Off the top of my head, <waving hands around>, perhaps Exim is counting
the Maildir/new folder that it's actually delivering the messages into,
and you might try setting quota_directory = Maildir ? See
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.40/doc/html/spec_26.html#IX1995 (or
similar for your version).

Is your Dovecot installation also monitoring/enforcing quotas? If not,
your users can go over quota if they want to anyway, by storing messages
(e.g. sent or draft messages).

Cheers,

John.