[exim] 550 Unknown user

Top Pagina
Auteur: Kris Monstad
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [exim] 550 Unknown user

Hi there,

Ive got a problem with exim and I would greatly appreciate any help
offered...

As of this weekend gone by, Ive been getting tons of "Message Frozen"
emails in my inbox. The mail seems to be addressed to our domain, but
with a bogus (and gibberish) username. Here is an example of the mail:

Message 1GN7v5-0005t5-FC has been frozen (delivery error message).
The sender is <>.

The following address(es) have yet to be delivered:
mpqbilrfv@???: SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<mpqbilrfv@???>: host <IP address> [IP address]: 550 Unknown user

I assume this is some spam/bouncing issue, though I dont really know enough to be sure. Im new to using Exim (and mail servers in general), so forgive any ignorance (or re-posting an old subject).

Thanks very much,
Kris Monstad